2017-2018 WINTER COOK/CLEANER & ADVENTURE GUIDE SUPPORT
Voyageur Quest is seeking one person for a combined role – someone who is first and foremost an accomplished Cook and able to support the needs of the Algonquin Log Cabin serving groups of 4 to 18. The cook:
- Prepares healthy and tasty meals in an open “off the grid” kitchen
- Enjoys preparing whole and locally sourced foods following the recipes that have been selected and shaped by our Algonquin Log Cabin Chef.
- Enjoys a highly focused customer service environment and being part of a team that delivers 3 day Algonquin Log Cabin programming
- Our cooks are excellent communicators and enjoying interacting with the customers.
- Handles inventory, orders, plans, shops for and delivers food
As cleaner: turns over the 6 room Log Cabin to standard in preparation for the next group. Also available to clean the Algonquin Cottages when required.
As Guide Support: assists guides in delivering the 3 day Algonquin Log Cabin and Cottage Outpost programs by supporting guide activities such as customer meet and greets, wood burning sauna preparation, stoking the fires, piling wood, equipment preparation, and supporting adventure programing when possible.
Applicants should: have a passion for hospitality from cooking to showcasing a clean, organized kitchen, be natural and warm hosts; love the outdoors; enjoy working in a small team; have strong initiative, attention to details and organizational skills; be able to work and adapt to working under time pressures to meet programming schedules. Opportunities to work in spring/summer/fall in a similar position or to develop into guiding role with proper certification should there be an interest.
Season: early December 2017 to March 2018
Per diem: $150 per day
Availability must include the period between Dec. 8, 2017 to Jan 3, 2018 as this includes essential winter training and the busy Christmas holidays.
Onsite cabin shared accommodation while “on” trip.
Interested candidates should e-mail a résumé with cover letter to attention Eva email@example.com.
2017-2018 WINTER GUIDE ALGONQUIN LOG CABIN
Voyageur Quest is looking for winter guides to work 3 and 5-day adventures at the North West corner of Algonquin Park at our Algonquin Log Cabin. Applicants should have strong leadership skills and be comfortable speaking about Algonquin Park, night sky and local culture in front of an adult commercial and family market. Good interpretative and program skills are essential as is the ability to snowshoe and backcountry ski.
As a member of the Voyageur Quest guiding team, you will be exposed to a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment whereby your organizational and planning skills will enhance the outdoor wilderness experience for first timers as well as seasoned outdoor enthusiasts. At VQ, you will be working with a small team of skilled outdoor professionals delivering internationally acclaimed and nationally awarded programs and services to clientele from around the world. VQ’s comprehensive training program will familiarize you with the local environment as well as provide you with opportunities to further develop your outdoor wilderness skills.
In addition to having exceptional wilderness guiding backgrounds, applicants should have strong leadership skills and be comfortable speaking about Algonquin flora, fauna, night sky and local culture in front of an adult commercial and family market. Solid interpretative and program skills are required. Our guides love to teach our guests about the wonders of Algonquin Park. Warmth and Hospitality skills are essential.
Winter Applicants should have the following certification:
- Wilderness First Responder/Wilderness First Aid
- NLS/Bronze Cross mandatory for Summer guiding preferred.
- Strong leadership experience in a wilderness environment
All Winter Guides have:
- Personal snowshoes, backcountry skis
- Comprehensive wilderness First Aid Kit
- Driver’s license preferred (personal vehicle a plus for days off)
- Current and clear Criminal Records Check
- energy, enthusiasm, creativity, and compassion
- availability Dec 8-Jan 3 is essential with winter training and busy Christmas holidays
Salary: $135-$170/day (commensurate with experience and certification) plus tips
Dates: Training early December 2017 to March 2018
Opportunity to extend to spring/summer/fall contracts
Interested candidates should e-mail a résumé & cover letter ASAP: to Eva at
2017-2018 WINTER SITE/MAINTENANCE SUPPORT & GUIDE